Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Album Reviews / New Releases Discussion > Fabric 41 - Luciano
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
dcctnycprincess
TechnoAddict

good golly miss molly

definitely picking this one up

Old Post Jun-01-2008 00:26  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for dcctnycprincess Click here to Send dcctnycprincess a Private Message Visit dcctnycprincess's homepage! Add dcctnycprincess to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GUBostonDubs
That's Right

I was shocked to hear that he was doing a mix cd but I guess the Fabric people are very persuasive LOL

My Soundcloud
My Twitter

Old Post Jun-01-2008 12:54  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for GUBostonDubs Click here to Send GUBostonDubs a Private Message Visit GUBostonDubs's homepage! Add GUBostonDubs to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

quote:
Originally posted by GUBostonDubs
I was shocked to hear that he was doing a mix cd but I guess the Fabric people are very persuasive LOL

If they managed to get John Peel to do one, they can get ANYONE to do one.

(~)

Old Post Jun-01-2008 13:20  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bas
Stronger Lover

quote:
Originally posted by ghostridenhuffy
Holy mother of poppy harvesters on crack! that looks good.

Wow lol

Old Post Jun-02-2008 06:21  Egypt
Click Here to See the Profile for bas Click here to Send bas a Private Message Visit bas's homepage! Add bas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

Ok I know that I am new to the boards so my opinion may not count that much, but I don't really care and so I've decided to give my brief opinion of this latest Fabric CD.

In my opinion, one word can summarize this compilation quite easily: lazy.

That's right, it is a lazy effort, and here's why:

-The mixing is subpar - many transitions are not fully on beat and just sort of randomly occur. I really hate when Luciano simply drops the bass and transitions in then ext track. It doesn't sound good and that's not the mark of a skilled DJ.

-The fact that this release only contains 16 tracks. Recent Fabric releases such as M.A.N.D.Y. and Steve Bug, which were absolutely fantastic, have included well over 20 tracks. It's not hard to fit 16 tracks into a 1 hour and 10 minute mix, but it sure as hell difficult to fit 25. Luciano didn't bother going above and beyond.

-His choice for the last track is terrible. Not only is the beat completely different fro mthe rest of the set, but the way it's mixed in is extremely sudden and not on-beat at all. By that I don't mean that the BPM's don't match. I mean that there are certain points in every track where the transition from one to another is more or less "natural". Luciano payed no attention to this concept. Also not to mention, Felix Da Housecat already featured Chymera's track at the end of CD1 of his GU34: Milan. I honestly don't understand why Luciano included this track if its already a part of what is probably a much more widely-released mix CD.

Nevertheless, this is a good mix and I am enjoying it. I just don't know if it's worth going out to buy.

Old Post Jul-07-2008 16:03  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rory21
GT3

quote:
Originally posted by Adam420
Ok I know that I am new to the boards so my opinion may not count that much, but I don't really care and so I've decided to give my brief opinion of this latest Fabric CD.

In my opinion, one word can summarize this compilation quite easily: lazy.

-The mixing is subpar - many transitions are not fully on beat and just sort of randomly occur. I really hate when Luciano simply drops the bass and transitions in then ext track. It doesn't sound good and that's not the mark of a skilled DJ.

-The fact that this release only contains 16 tracks. Recent Fabric releases such as M.A.N.D.Y. and Steve Bug, which were absolutely fantastic, have included well over 20 tracks. It's not hard to fit 16 tracks into a 1 hour and 10 minute mix, but it sure as hell difficult to fit 25. Luciano didn't bother going above and beyond.

-His choice for the last track is terrible. Not only is the beat completely different fro mthe rest of the set, but the way it's mixed in is extremely sudden and not on-beat at all. By that I don't mean that the BPM's don't match. I mean that there are certain points in every track where the transition from one to another is more or less "natural". Luciano payed no attention to this concept. Also not to mention, Felix Da Housecat already featured Chymera's track at the end of CD1 of his GU34: Milan. I honestly don't understand why Luciano included this track if its already a part of what is probably a much more widely-released mix CD.

Nevertheless, this is a good mix and I am enjoying it. I just don't know if it's worth going out to buy.

The mixing kind of sum up Luciano for me. He is not the most technical DJ out there but I enjoy it. It shows he is doing proper mixing, not just selecting the tracks and getting Ableton to do it for you. 16 tracks is enough, gives you a chance to enjoy them instead of mixing break to break (a la Armin). Will check this out once its released. Luciano is a legend. Can't wait til next year when he comes back to SA

Old Post Jul-07-2008 17:02  South Africa
Click Here to See the Profile for rory21 Click here to Send rory21 a Private Message Visit rory21's homepage! Add rory21 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Clovis
techno jungle shit

Watergate is starting a mix series.

Old Post Jul-07-2008 18:29  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis Click here to Send Clovis a Private Message Visit Clovis's homepage! Add Clovis to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bas
Stronger Lover

quote:
Originally posted by Mattsanity
how many fabrics are they gonna make

Old Post Jul-07-2008 18:30  Egypt
Click Here to See the Profile for bas Click here to Send bas a Private Message Visit bas's homepage! Add bas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Clovis
techno jungle shit

Of all the complete shit mix series' out there, complaining about too many Fabric installments seems pretty fucking retarded. Then again you are Mattsanity.

Old Post Jul-07-2008 18:36  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis Click here to Send Clovis a Private Message Visit Clovis's homepage! Add Clovis to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

Well I hope they keep 'em coming!

Old Post Jul-07-2008 18:46  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
woscar
Starstuff

quote:
Originally posted by Adam420

People's opinions are not more valid as their post count increases.

quote:
Originally posted by Adam420 In my opinion, one word can summarize this compilation quite easily: lazy.

I only have two things to say about your review:

1) I really don't care how many tracks anyone is able to mix into a CD. As long as it's good, has a coherent flow, and is not annoying to my ears if you know what I mean. There are DJs who are able to fit 31 tracks into a CD and that doesn't make them any better or any worse (or lazy).

2) Why would anyone have to desist from including a track in a compilation just because [insert name here] decided to use it too? Hell, if its a good track and one that I like who is going to tell me I can't use simply because someone already used it?

My Set Archive - MY BLOG

Old Post Jul-07-2008 22:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for woscar Click here to Send woscar a Private Message Visit woscar's homepage! Add woscar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

Look, if that track was on a CD I bought before, I don't want to buy it again on another CD. And you have to understand that he didn't just use that track, but he incorporated it into his mix the EXACT SAME WAY that Felix da Houseshit did. Have you listened to both?

As for your first comment, I need to remind you that this CD is being sold, for money. Maybe you and I have downloaded it, and don't really care, but if I paid for this release you can be sure as hell that I'd be pissed off. But then again I'd get to see the track list first and make my decision then. On the heels of MANDY's and Steve Bug's releases, as I mentioned, Luciano's effort does not come off as very impressive.

Old Post Jul-08-2008 00:16  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Album Reviews / New Releases Discussion > Fabric 41 - Luciano
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHelp Need ID Here Please [2003] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackVengaboys - Kiss (Airscape Remix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread