Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > User Feedback > Site Suggestions > [IDEA]Split trance <> techno tracklists
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Smirnoff103
Supreme tranceaddict

Question [IDEA]Split trance <> techno tracklists

To the mods:

i have an idea; just say if it is a good or bad idea.

Could you make 2 topics in the "tracklist" topic, one "techno" topic and one "trance" topic, so that the tracklists can be seperated by music style.

Cause it is a mess now as you can see

Old Post Jun-10-2004 12:43  Belgium
Click Here to See the Profile for Smirnoff103 Click here to Send Smirnoff103 a Private Message Visit Smirnoff103's homepage! Add Smirnoff103 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Tension hunter

Only reason it is a mess now is because a certain mod decided that he needed some more posts to his post count, and thus created all those seperate threads. If he had just put em all in one thread this mess wouldn't have been here in the first place.

Old Post Jun-10-2004 12:57  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Icefox
Supreme tranceaddict

I don't agree. This site is called TRANCEADDICT because it's about trance. If we like techno that's our problem. In fact, I'm surprised techno tracklist topics weren't closed. It's always the same folks who post anyway. So I decided to post my shit primarily at Addictivebeat.com which is all about techno. I call all technoaddicts to do the same and keep this board trance. And there's a search function anyway so imho it's cool the way it is.

Old Post Jun-10-2004 14:14  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Icefox Click here to Send Icefox a Private Message Visit Icefox's homepage! Add Icefox to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AndiH
Currently not available.

Exclamation

*moved to Site Suggestions*

1. A separation between techno and trance doesn't make sense, just think of all the other genres; also, what if the thread starter doesn't know much about genres? Some people say Scooter is techno, DJ Sammy is trance etc. That's going to be a mess.

2. The Paul Oakenfold tracklists are going to be on the second page by Friday and Jay certainly didn't post them to increase his post count. He just wanted to complete to database.

3. Why should we close threads for techno sets? Even though we're called Tranceaddict.com it doesn't mean you can't talk about any other form of music. It's not like you have to read these threads; our search function has been pretty fast lately so you should be able to find everything without too much hassle.

Old Post Jun-10-2004 15:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for AndiH Click here to Send AndiH a Private Message Add AndiH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Tension hunter

quote:
Originally posted by AndiH
The Paul Oakenfold tracklists are going to be on the second page by Friday and Jay certainly didn't post them to increase his post count. He just wanted to complete to database.

Why couldn't he just have posted them all in one thread? We have an own archive for his EM World Tour, why not do the same with the Oakenfold Presents?

Old Post Jun-10-2004 16:04  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AndiH
Currently not available.

quote:
Originally posted by Sand Leaper
Why couldn't he just have posted them all in one thread? We have an own archive for his EM World Tour, why not do the same with the Oakenfold Presents?

There's a difference between a collection of 11 Essential Mixes and a weekly radio show.

Just like ASOT, PO Presents gets an individual thread for each edition, so it doesn't really make sense to put them all in one thread.

I'm not saying it couldn't have been solved better, but I just don't see what's the problem.

Old Post Jun-10-2004 16:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for AndiH Click here to Send AndiH a Private Message Add AndiH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Tension hunter

quote:
Originally posted by AndiH
There's a difference between a collection of 11 Essential Mixes and a weekly radio show.

Just like ASOT, PO Presents gets an individual thread for each edition, so it doesn't really make sense to put them all in one thread.

I'm not saying it couldn't have been solved better, but I just don't see what's the problem.

When you have a collection of 11-12 shows to put up at once, I see no reason why you can't put em all in one thread as long as you indicate in the topic which period it covers.

Old Post Jun-10-2004 16:31  Norway
noikeee
dubstep convert

what about a section for "progressive", a section for "house", a section for "hard trance", a section for "hardstyle", a section for "psy", a section for.......

you know what i mean.. and it would only generate discussions about what section should the tracklists be posted at - what about tech-trance sets? it's a lot better this way

Old Post Jun-13-2004 12:13  Portugal
Click Here to See the Profile for noikeee Click here to Send noikeee a Private Message Visit noikeee's homepage! Add noikeee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > User Feedback > Site Suggestions > [IDEA]Split trance <> techno tracklists
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackEasy one [2005] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHammer House - The Jumper [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread