Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > What set are you listening to now
Pages (28): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I recognise Alaska as one of those D-list prog names but didn't know any of the people behind it. I'm pretty sure this EM was a result of Home throwing some marketing muscle around rather than his production exploits.

It's actually a brilliant set. I was only about 30 minutes in when I shared it, but it just keeps building and building relentlessly. The mixing is really impressive too.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Feb-02-2022 18:22  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

That makes sense. If I'm not mistaken they had precisely two releases (on Pod) after that EM in the D-lister prog branch (and then a decade as Streetlife DJs but I've no familiarity with that).

But then when record companies and the press had the temerity to present djs such as Pappa, Howells and Kleinenberg as "up-and-coming" (in the context of the Nubreed series) as late as 2000-1 there wasn't going to be much room for a Stewart Rowell doing that kind of music, was there.

Googling Cliff Tangredi after being reminded Justin Voyager (co)produced his "Shimmer" track for Rotunda Records (didn't he?) I chanced upon this old mix from bygone Orlando days. Nothing too special but quite nice.

Old Post Feb-03-2022 12:46  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Home was briefly a big deal. They poached Oakenfold from Cream to be their resident, had a sister club on the other side of the world in Sydney and the Homelands festival was one of the UK's biggest dance music festivals in 1999 and 2000. The club itself cost £8.5mil and was on Leicester Square in London. I was far far too young to ever set foot there but apparently it was as much like a shopping mall as it was a nightclub. Some serious money was spent, in short, although it quickly got shut down and the company was liquidated.

With that said, the UK scene in the 90s was a lot more parochial than it is now, and DJs were sometimes deemed important enough to be given Essential Mixes for nothing more than being residents at UK superclubs. Paul Bleasdale, Matt Hardwick and Scott Bond all spring to mind. I'd throw in Ralph Lawson but he's gone on to be a significant touring DJ in his own right.

Anyway, however strange it looks now, Mr Rowell certainly fulfilled his half of the deal. The mix is leaps above most Essential Mixes out there.

Old Post Feb-03-2022 15:29  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

Old Post Mar-25-2022 22:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

Old Post Mar-25-2022 23:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

Haven't picked up a Lost & Found vinyl since Volen Sentir's release. Loving this one though. In the bag it goes.

Old Post Mar-31-2022 18:17 
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

That's not a set, but okay.

I'm totally done with the Guy J prog sound. The '90s revival sound has bulldozed it out of my digital record box. Although I did buy his newest tune with Astrix, which I guess makes me a goddamn liar.

Last edited by SYSTEM-J on Apr-02-2022 at 08:16

Old Post Mar-31-2022 20:07  England
OrangestO
–30–

Shit. Meant to post that in the track of the day or whatever thread. They might as well be consolidated into one at this point anyway.

I've also moved on but still picking at it like scraps. Much more into groove right now. My worlds of hip hop and dance colliding.

Anyway, guess I owe a set.

Cheers.

Old Post Mar-31-2022 20:32 
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Awesome uplifting (vocal) set by Billy Gillies @Fabric London, so much energy in there, just premiered this evening by Billy:

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Last edited by Trance-M on Apr-15-2022 at 21:06

Old Post Apr-01-2022 19:58  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
crazydave023
Senior tranceaddict

I just got back from an LTJ Bukem show in Brooklyn. Lots of fun and the guy is on point. He threw down.

Earlier today I was listening to this set. When John Digweed played fast.

https://soundcloud.com/shane-batt/j...weed-live-keele

Old Post Apr-03-2022 09:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for crazydave023 Click here to Send crazydave023 a Private Message Add crazydave023 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

Received a Juno alert a few days ago that Frank & Tony are releasing new music together again. What a pleasant surprise.

I've heard Anthony play as his then anonymous alias Grant in London a few times. But I'd love the chance to see the boys play their lush brand of deep house side by side in the sunshine soon.

Old Post May-05-2022 09:59 
Gr00ver&Breaker
Junior tranceaddict

Download here

I found this special set by accident searching for something else. It's worth a listen. Took me back when trance was born

Old Post May-06-2022 05:11  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Gr00ver&Breaker Click here to Send Gr00ver&Breaker a Private Message Add Gr00ver&Breaker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > What set are you listening to now
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (28): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackUnknown Track # 2 [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPOS - "Remember" (Summer Sun) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread