Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Australia > Producers thread
Pages (48): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DJ_Ballistic
Nu-NRG Addict

quote:
Originally posted by DaveBegic
thanks man. you're the only one who's really had any real negative feedback lately so i'd like to hear it. but it sounds like you want me to re-arrange alot.

thats not true, i think its shit and u know why

BECAUSE I HATE YOU, WITH YOUR POOP MOUTH, ALL THE POOP COMIN OUT OF YOUR MOUTH

Old Post Nov-08-2005 01:55  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ_Ballistic Click here to Send DJ_Ballistic a Private Message Add DJ_Ballistic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Aesthetic
- ---(ps3.addicted)--- -

I'm sorry, I don't speak Spanish. What did you say?

http://www.wtfnews.org

Old Post Nov-08-2005 02:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for Aesthetic Click here to Send Aesthetic a Private Message Add Aesthetic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

lol.
pm sent begic.

Old Post Nov-08-2005 05:13  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for pkcRAISTLIN Click here to Send pkcRAISTLIN a Private Message Add pkcRAISTLIN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nyquist_Theorem

sounds good dave, only thing I might suggest is the little four-note trill that first appears two seconds in - once you start cranking the delay return up a bit (prob at :26 is where it becomes noticeable, and moreso on the subsequent ones) you can hear that the delay time is slightly off. assuming the delay times are set in milliseconds, just divide 60,000 by the bpm and that's the length of your quarter note in ms (sounds like a straight quarter note delay to me), so at your 133bpm that would make a quarter note 451.1ms. Doing this should also let you do some fun feedback loop stuff perfectly in sync, either off the tail end of the trill during the beginning as you come into the break, or even reversed and put in as a build up out of the breakdown (very Andy Moor).

If the delay time is supposed to be auto-calculated from the BPM, it doesn't appear to be reading the bpm properly, so chuck it into manual mode (if your delay supports delay time being input in ms - if not try to use one that does) and plug in 451.1ms and see how much fun the feedback becomes - even better if you can insert an eq or highpass filter into the delay's feedback loop as then you can re-emphasise a particular frequency band with each delay, like a tuned tape delay. Or, cut instead of boost the eq in the delay's feedback loop, so that subsequent echoes fade away by losing more and more off the bottom end (or maybe roll a bit off the top, too, so it appears to get more distant), instead of just fading away in amplitude. If you're after that kind of effect of course - might be a bit dubby.

Old Post Nov-10-2005 11:02  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Nyquist_Theorem Click here to Send Nyquist_Theorem a Private Message Visit Nyquist_Theorem's homepage! Add Nyquist_Theorem to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ_Ballistic
Nu-NRG Addict

nah i dont think thats it

Old Post Nov-10-2005 11:22  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ_Ballistic Click here to Send DJ_Ballistic a Private Message Add DJ_Ballistic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OLi_A
chelsea = lose *whip*

quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Ballistic
nah i dont think thats it

sif you know anything about canadians

i like you

Old Post Nov-10-2005 11:27  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for OLi_A Click here to Send OLi_A a Private Message Add OLi_A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Aesthetic
- ---(ps3.addicted)--- -

hey man, have to say thanks for giving me some pointers on the delay. i'd have to say im pretty sure at the moment it is synching with the host tempo so i'll give it a stab manually like you've suggested. actually finishing the tune this weekend so i'll have that done asap.

thanks again.

ps, lol nath.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyquist_Theorem
sounds good dave, only thing I might suggest is the little four-note trill that first appears two seconds in - once you start cranking the delay return up a bit (prob at :26 is where it becomes noticeable, and moreso on the subsequent ones) you can hear that the delay time is slightly off. assuming the delay times are set in milliseconds, just divide 60,000 by the bpm and that's the length of your quarter note in ms (sounds like a straight quarter note delay to me), so at your 133bpm that would make a quarter note 451.1ms. Doing this should also let you do some fun feedback loop stuff perfectly in sync, either off the tail end of the trill during the beginning as you come into the break, or even reversed and put in as a build up out of the breakdown (very Andy Moor).

If the delay time is supposed to be auto-calculated from the BPM, it doesn't appear to be reading the bpm properly, so chuck it into manual mode (if your delay supports delay time being input in ms - if not try to use one that does) and plug in 451.1ms and see how much fun the feedback becomes - even better if you can insert an eq or highpass filter into the delay's feedback loop as then you can re-emphasise a particular frequency band with each delay, like a tuned tape delay. Or, cut instead of boost the eq in the delay's feedback loop, so that subsequent echoes fade away by losing more and more off the bottom end (or maybe roll a bit off the top, too, so it appears to get more distant), instead of just fading away in amplitude. If you're after that kind of effect of course - might be a bit dubby.

Old Post Nov-10-2005 21:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for Aesthetic Click here to Send Aesthetic a Private Message Add Aesthetic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
First Strike
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
hey guys been working on my tune heaps, an update is worth the download i hope..

www.davebegic.com/15oct_2.mp3

Nice track,

I like it, i think like pkcRAISTLIN said a bit more 'oomph' in the peaks would be good (could be the quality of the clip making it sound not 100% true i dont know).

Any way good track, keep up uthe good work, Look foward to hearing the completed version.

What did you use to make it ????

Old Post Nov-13-2005 05:27  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for First Strike Click here to Send First Strike a Private Message Add First Strike to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Aesthetic
- ---(ps3.addicted)--- -

Hi there mate, thanks for the comments. I've updated it since that clip and taken that one down due to some outside interest. Hopefully the final will be what you're after.

I used FL Studio v5, and a bunch of vst's for that.

Thanks

Dave

Old Post Nov-13-2005 07:02 
Nyquist_Theorem

quote:
hey man, have to say thanks for giving me some pointers on the delay. i'd have to say im pretty sure at the moment it is synching with the host tempo so i'll give it a stab manually like you've suggested. actually finishing the tune this weekend so i'll have that done asap.

thanks again.

any time at all, dude, sounds like you're well on the right path already - can't wait to hear the final product!

Old Post Nov-13-2005 08:10  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Nyquist_Theorem Click here to Send Nyquist_Theorem a Private Message Visit Nyquist_Theorem's homepage! Add Nyquist_Theorem to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
eRRaTiK
g0t milk?

we're due for many final products from dave and the oni0n fellow, imo.

Jose Amnesia - The Eternal (Pulser Remix) / Chicane - Saltwater / Photon Project - Illumination / Gouryella - Tenshi / Altitude - Altitude (SHOKK Remix) / Rank 1 - Airwave / The Thrillseekers - Synaesthesia (En Motion Mix)

Old Post Nov-14-2005 07:00  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for eRRaTiK Click here to Send eRRaTiK a Private Message Add eRRaTiK to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Philby
Statement: Die, meatbag!

thanks heaps matt, needed some more pick up material!!

https://soundcloud.com/philby/phill...dness-july-2015

Old Post Nov-14-2005 12:01  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Philby Click here to Send Philby a Private Message Visit Philby's homepage! Add Philby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Australia > Producers thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (48): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSimply awesome proggy tune - new link added [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFerry Corsten - "Punk" (DJ Icey Remix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread