Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > anyone collect cds?
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Zak McKracken
Trance

Just do it,
Become one of those guys

Old Post Feb-20-2024 06:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zak McKracken Click here to Send Zak McKracken a Private Message Add Zak McKracken to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scoops
4 bags deep

I keep bugging Kaskade to re-release this....or upload it on SC

would love it add it to my collection
https://www.discogs.com/release/380...-Holiday-People

Old Post Feb-20-2024 15:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Scoops is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

klaskade looked like a douche at the super bowl

Old Post Feb-20-2024 16:27  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
szm
Senior tranceaddict

how are the thrift stores in the UK @system-J? I bet they're riddled with gu comps and all sorts of electronic mix cds.

in canada we really got fuck all, like the most mainstream of dance hits cds selected by some guy with broccoli for hair.

only option is to buy anything electronic online

buying new is a different story.

Last edited by szm on Feb-21-2024 at 00:41

Old Post Feb-21-2024 00:33  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for szm Click here to Send szm a Private Message Add szm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Yeah you can definitely find some gems if you're willing to trawl secondhand racks. My favourite place in Manchester is called the Vinyl Exchange - despite the name, they also have a whole floor dedicated to CDs. I've found a few classic releases in there for dirt cheap: Digweed's GU:006, Ritchie Hawtin - DE9 Close To The Edit, Kruder & Dorfmeister - The K&D Sessions all spring to mind. My favourite ever was a sealed CD copy of Manuel Gottsching's E2-E4, back when that was still really hard to get hold of. I don't know what it was - I walked in there one day and I knew it would be in there. And it was.

Sadly though, the era of CDs is almost 20 years in the past now, so the number of old discs floating around in secondhand shops is slowly dwindling.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Feb-21-2024 00:48  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
szm
Senior tranceaddict

sweet.

quote:
Originally posted by Zak McKracken
That GU is a studio mix containing some of the most popular tracks from say 5 other live CD comps by DJs.

im really liking this series after digging through. im just going after the cheaper stuff, so this fits the bill. based on the youtube rips... sounds great to me. doubt I could mix as well as this, this is legit.

https://www.discogs.com/release/284...ious-Exposures-

Last edited by szm on Feb-21-2024 at 05:07

Old Post Feb-21-2024 03:25  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for szm Click here to Send szm a Private Message Add szm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scoops
4 bags deep

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
klaskade looked like a douche at the super bowl

i won't dispute that...but i was always a fan of his work from 01-07

Last edited by Scoops on Feb-21-2024 at 14:03

Old Post Feb-21-2024 12:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Scoops is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

quote:
Originally posted by Scoops
i won't dispute that...but i was always a fan of his work from 01-07

Was surprised a recognized a name mentioned on that broadcast

Old Post Feb-22-2024 19:45  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zak McKracken
Trance

quote:
Originally posted by szm
sweet.

im really liking this series after digging through. im just going after the cheaper stuff, so this fits the bill. based on the youtube rips... sounds great to me. doubt I could mix as well as this, this is legit.

https://www.discogs.com/release/284...ious-Exposures-

Again this is a studio mix by Forth.
I would assume he either rips the vinyl in the pitch of his preference or have access to the master wave depending on which label, and from there mix them offline in a DAW/sequencer where he can edit parts just as he wants with eqs filters and what not preprogrammed as you would if you make tracks yourself.
No live vinyl DJ can compete with that but the magic is somehow taken away you could just as well just have the individual tracks in a playlist.

Old Post Feb-22-2024 21:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zak McKracken Click here to Send Zak McKracken a Private Message Add Zak McKracken to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
szm
Senior tranceaddict

for those running cds at home, what are you using as players?

I didnt take something into account: gapless playback for the cd compilations.

the dvd players have optical to use with a dac but they do not buffer in a way of gapless playback... theres always something. im not buying one of those NAD players. ffs

Old Post Feb-22-2024 22:29  Canada
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

quote:
Originally posted by szm
for those running cds at home, what are you using as players?

I didnt take something into account: gapless playback for the cd compilations.

the dvd players have optical to use with a dac but they do not buffer in a way of gapless playback... theres always something. im not buying one of those NAD players. ffs

I use a fairly standard, decade-old Philips DVD player. Never experience gaps in the continuous mix CDs. It was probably manufactured when CDs were still in regular use for home listening, so has a built-in buffer.

CD players are quite cheap these days, so you can probably just get one if you need to.

(~)

Old Post Feb-23-2024 00:46  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
szm
Senior tranceaddict

ic, ill just try my luck in that case, thanks.

Old Post Feb-23-2024 01:43  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > anyone collect cds?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackunknown trance tune [2004] [6]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPink - "Don't Stop" (Bow Bellow vs. Trilithon Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread